She has extensive expertise in content strategy, content management, and web operations, leading multidisciplinary digital projects spanning web, social media, and e-communications for associations, nonprofits, and corporations in multiple industries.
An experienced strategic communicator, Hilary has created digital strategies, developed content strategies and management plans, managed social media guidelines and channels, built e-newsletter programs, written digital content, helped organizations choose content management systems, and more.
- Has spoken at numerous national and international conferences, including Confab Content Strategy Conference, ASAE Annual Meeting and Technology Conference, Content Strategy Forum, and the IA Summit.
- Developed and taught content strategy courses for Kent State’s Online Masters Program in User Experience Design.
- Started and runs the largest open online Content Strategy community.
- Has been quoted in prominent books about content strategy: Content Strategy for the Web by Kristina Halvorson and Content Strategy at Work by Margot Bloomstein.
- Directed the digital team at the National Association of REALTORS®, overseeing the association’s website and social media efforts.
- Built the first content strategy practice in the Chicago office of Sapient, eventually growing it to seven content strategists, managers, and editors assigned to projects throughout the U.S.
- Taught web content and information architecture courses at the University of Chicago.